I went to the grocery store, with sort-of a budget in mind. On to the conveyor belt went $80 worth of groceries, when I figured I only had about half of that in my account. After putting stuff back, and swiping my card again, it still declined. I put more stuff back, trying to gather ingredients for certain meals and putting whole meals back, and then my card declined again. So, I thought I'd check my bank account and find out exactly how much I did have in there. All the while, there was a nice guy behind me, with 2 Rockstars and a pack of razors, waiting patiently. When I started to put more back, he told the cashier that he'd pay for it. I told him that wasn't necessary, but he insisted that she ring everything back up and put it all on his card. He told me he'd been there before. I couldn't even look him in the eye. I was so ashamed and embarrassed. Devlin was with me, too. I hugged him (the side hug, awkward kind) and walked out of the store telling him that he would be blessed and thanking him profusely. I wish I would have caught his name at least.
I barely made it to the truck, got Devlin in, and the groceries. I then proceeded to get in the truck and just sob - out of thankfulness, out of embarrassment, out of anger that my own husband ignored me that morning when I told him I needed money for groceries. My 11 year old son hugged me and told me that we all have bad days and that it was okay. I decided then & there that today would be the last day, the last time that this happened to me. A fire blazed in me today.
Hear me loud and clear: Life Leadership will be my Plan A. There is no Plan B. I will have the knowledge, the time and money freedom, the opportunities to serve others in whatever capacity is needed, because of Life Leadership. I was sent to this earth with a special purpose. Heavenly Father has put mentors, leaders, friends, and others who I have yet to meet, in my path, to teach me and for me to serve. I will not waste my talents. I will love as Jesus loved. I will live up to my name. I will use all that I have to bless the lives of others.
Thank you nameless angel. May the Lord bless and keep you always.
Love,
Charity
No comments:
Post a Comment